Saturday, September 16, 2006

Finally, after months of trying to remember just what the name of my last blog was, I found it. It would not have been far fetched to say that it was probably in one of the most obscure corners of the internet. But I found it. It had just one post. So I decided I'd put that post up here. It's a poem and I'm not sure how good it is. Topic wise its cliched... all that post-modern urban angst, which is ironic in a way, since a large portion of my life was actually spent in two villages. But anyway, I decided to put it up any way..... so here goes


Swirling, fast, into nothingness
Trying to look for a purpose
Whose existence is as much a mystery
As its end. Deeds,
Done upon noone in particular
Looked upon in the crude of day
Left in the doom of night
Spelt destruction in a hazy past
As minutes creep by
In a maze
Left with noone to feel for.
Kindness, virtue overshadowed.
Stronger forces rule....
Natural or unnatural, questions
Left to answer themselves
Explain their own paradoxes.
Each man to himself
Indifference
Localized discrimination
Exception to the law?
As saints scream in unison
Into the air
Only to let their voices be lost in the wind....
Noone is real.....Noone is true....
How can there be anyone true.....
Condemned by society....
They remain shadows.....
Like characters out of a book....
Each with a fairy tale......
Stuff faded to legends
And yet I look....
Like a fool I look and set myself an outcaste...
Empty
Looking for but silence to fill me

2 comments:

Deepak Pushpakar said...

Nice poem, only that I could not understand about 40% of it
:)
Well u can hav a look at my blog too...
Please write more frequently.

Deepak Pushpakar said...

And why are u not in the Civil Dep Blog team..? You should be there and post regularly. In fact, expect me and Lele, no one has come up with a story about their training experiences. Anyways, it's too late for that now.