Tuesday, January 8, 2008

It isn't today that tortures me but the absence of yesterday
And the only souvenir it left me
Intrigued? ..... Listen

Tangled in the myriad tapestries of gold and velvet
And yet all his eyes saw was but an endless sea of black
And all his skin felt was the touch of cold ice
Screaming into his mind with utter disdain the obvious
I am numb
But what else would darkness have me do
And what would the cold chill further prove
For what is gold without the ray of light
To bestow humbly upon its head its crown
And without the touch of a delicate hand
Would not eyes on velvet frown?
Those were my walls
For a few hours when the sun fell gaily upon my skin
For a few hours when I saw, smelled, tasted, felt
For a few hours when I lived.... and I was happy
Those were my walls
My day
And no one could take it away from me.
Or so I thought...
For as night announced itself with a grandoise and flair
That would make daddy Death proud
I was left standing... ignorant
And as lust overcame the bounds of my space
In the darkness, outside of prying eyes
I was still standing... ignorant
Then the air played cupid and poured its heat
Into the passion of the walls
And the union was complete
And I in the midst
Collateral damage
Was left
Tangled in the myriad tapestries of velvet and gold.

No comments: